Re-Entry is an alternative provider of education with a strong community bias whose main aim is to enable young people excluded or truanting from school to embark upon a programme that will lead to their return to mainstream education or access a training programme or employment .
Re-Entry's Objectives are:
- To enable disaffected young people, excluded or truanting from school to embark upon a programme that will lead to their return to mainstream education.
- To increase parental confidence, involvement and responsibility for their child's education.
- To enable others in local communities to take greater responsibility for the wellbeing of disaffected young people.
- To offer parent/carers of children in the local community free training in mentoring skills.
- To create inter-agency co-operation in partnership with local communities.
- To provide recommendations for good practice which can be shared and used more widely.